Although replacing an HVAC system is a stressful subject that most individuals avoid thinking about, almost every homeowner must face it at some point. Rather than waiting for your system to go out entirely, be proactive in your research by asking these 9 must-ask questions when replacing your HVAC system.
Don’t think of your HVAC system as an expensive, one-time purchase. On the contrary, think of your HVAC unit as a valuable investment that plays a major role in your level of in-home comfort.
After all, cooling systems last for more than a decade. Making the right decision with this long-term investment plays a major role in the future expenses that you will encounter down the road: energy bills, major repairs, and other costs.
Research is a major component of making the right decision when deciding on an HVAC system that is the right fit for your home or business. By taking the time to research your options and ask the right questions, you significantly increase your chances of making the right decision.
With the official start of spring and the blazing summer temperatures just around the corner, now is the perfect time to assess your situation, be honest with yourself, and seek out a new cooling system if you think it’s time.
HVAC Replacement Warning Signs
Your system will begin to warn you that it’s time to consider replacing your system. The following list of warning signs can let you know when it’s time to research new a HVAC system:
- Your air conditioner or heat pump is more than 10 years old. When you pass the 10-year mark, it’s time to consider an upgrade. In fact, today’s air conditioners are up to 50 percent more efficient than units made as little as 12 years ago.
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs. While maintenance and occasional repairs are normal, frequent repairs can end up costing more in the long run than upgrading your system.
- Your energy bills are going up. Rising energy costs can result from a number of factors, one of the most serious of which being an indication that the unit may be going out.
- Your rooms are too hot or too cold. Uneven distribution of air is a major sign that something is wrong with your system.
- Your cooling system is noisy. Excess noise can alert you to a problem.
If you experience any of these warning signs, you shouldn’t panic and jump to conclusions that you must replace your system immediately. Rather, these warning signs can inform you that a replacement is the best decision for your system efficiency, energy costs, and in-home comfort.
9 Must-Ask Questions
By asking these 9 must-ask questions, you can streamline your search for the right HVAC system for you.
- Will the company conduct a full-load calculation to guarantee that I choose the properly sized unit for my home or business?
- Will the company provide me with a comprehensive estimate for the system and installation, as well as options to choose from?
- Is the contractor licensed and adequately insured?
- What are the estimated annual operating costs of different cooling systems with varying SEER levels?
- What is the current condition of my ductwork, and can it be cleaned and sealed if necessary?
- Will my new system have a warranty? What does that entail?
- What is the timeline for the installation process?
- What is included in the installation process and fees? Is hauling away the old unit, cleaning up the work area after installation, and any other miscellaneous work included?
- Are there any special offers or financing options available?
At TemperaturePro® El Paso, we proudly offer answers to each of these questions to our friends and neighbors in the El Paso area. Additionally, if you have any other questions related to this process, we can definitely answer them. If you’re interested in learning more about how TemperaturePro® El Paso consistently delights its customers, call us today for answers!
Still Can’t Decide?
No problem! There’s no need for you to make such a huge decision without the proper guidance and advice. The HVAC industry is very complex, and most people don’t have the time to learn the most important details.
However, at TemperaturePro® El Paso, we’ve dedicated our careers to the HVAC industry. For answers to any or all of the above questions, for advice about an HVAC situation, or for any additional questions you may have about the HVAC industry, please give us a call today!